opininions reg validity of foreign div-11875071_s

If you plan on getting married in Ontario, and you were previously divorced abroad, you must obtain a letter form an Ontario lawyer stating that your divorce should be recognised in Ontario in order to get a marriage licence.

For such a letter to be issued, you will need: 

1.  Your divorce order or decree.

2.  A certified translation of your divorce order or decree if it is not in English.

3.  A copy of your marriage licence application.

4.  A statement written and signed by you about where you lived prior to your divorce. 

The price for writing an opinion letter regarding validity of a foreign divorce is usually a fixed price.